Gray Cast Iron Casting Product by Sand Casting
Gray cast iron is the ferrous metal whose cementite decomposes into iron and carbon in the form of graphite which is called graphitization cast irons where a large percentage of cementite is decomposed by graphitization.
|Gray Iron Material Grades|
|Country||Standard||Equivalent Grades of Grey Iron (Gray Cast Iron)|
|Sweden||SS 14 01||O110||O115||O120||O125||O130||O135|
|Min. Tensile Strength (Mpa)||100||150||200||250||300||350|
Performance Characteristics of Gray Iron Castings:
• Liquid gray iron has good fluidity, and its volume shrinkage and linear shrinkage are small, and the notch sensitivity is small
• Low comprehensive mechanical properties, compressive strength is about 3~4 times higher than tensile strength
• Good shock absorption, the shock absorption of gray iron is about 10 times greater than that of cast steel
• Gray iron has low modulus of elasticity
Structural Characteristics of Gray Iron Castings:
• Small wall thickness and complex shapes are available
• The residual stress of the casting is small
• Gray iron castings should not be designed with very thick structures, and asymmetrical sections are often used to make full use of their compressive strength
Sand casting process offers the greatest flexibility and the most cost-effective tooling. Our sand casting foundry is equipped with a complete metallurgical laboratory to determine the chemical and mechanical characteristics of each melt and to analyse the metallugic condition of the molten metal before pouring. Microsections are examined under the microscope to obtain final information on the solified casting. We issue 3.1 certificate for each delivered part on customer request. Cast irons are the ferrous alloys which have carbon contents of more than 2%. Though cast irons can have a carbon percentage between 2 to 6.67, the practical limit is normally between 2 and 4%. These are important mainly because of their excellent casting qualities. The gray cast irons and ductile cast irons (also called nodular cast iron or spheroidal graphite iron).
Our Advantages in Sand Casting Field:
• Tens of years of experience in sand casting, shell molding casting and machining technology.
• Dimensionally accurate cores for complex internal contours.
• Extensive consulting which starts in the design phase.
• Quality management throughout the production process and maximum process reliability.
Available Grade of Gray Iron at RMC Sand Casting Foundry: HT150, HT200, HT250, HT300, HT350; GJL-100, GJL-150, GJL-200, GJL-250, GJL-300, GJL-350; GG10~GG40.
RMC, a China iron foundry, is producing various grey iron casting products for overseas customers in USA, Australia, UK, Spain, Germany, Norway, Finland, Russia and Italy. Production according to standards ASTM A48, A536; DIN 1691, 1693; ISO 185, 1083; EN 1561, 1563; DIN 1691, 1693; AS 1830, 1831; JIS, UNI, NF, BS, UNF, NBN, AS, SS, NS. Material grades including:
ISO185: 100 150 200 250 300
ASTM A48: NO.20 NO.25 NO.30 NO.35 NO.40 NO.45
DIN 1691: GG10 GG15 GG20 GG25 GG30
EN 1561: EN-GJL-100 EN-GJL-150 EN-GJL-200 EN-GJL-250 EN-GJL-300
BS 1452: 100 150 200 250 300
AS 1830: T150 T220 T260 T300
Sand Casting, Automatic Molding, Machine Molding, Shell Molding, Green Sand Casting, Resin Sand Casting"
Gray Iron Applications:
The following is the common application for each degree of grey cast iron for your reference.
HT100 (GG10, EN-GJL-100):
For small loads, the friction and wear no special requirements for important castings, such as protective cover, cover, oil pan, hand wheels, frame, floor, hammer, small handle, etc.
HT150 (GG15, EN-GJL-150):
Under moderate load of castings, such as the base, frame, box, knife, bed, bearing seat, table, wheels, cover, pump, valve, pipe, flywheel, motor blocks and other
HT200 (GG20, EN-GJL-200):
Requirements withstand greater load and a certain degree of tightness or corrosion resistance of the more important castings such as cylinder, gear, base, flywheels, bed, cylinder block,cylinder liner, piston, gear box, brake wheel, coupling Plate, medium pressure valve, etc.
Under high load, wear and high air tightness important castings, such as heavy machine tools, shears, presses, automatic lathe bed, frame, frame, high-pressure hydraulic parts, piston rings, force larger gear, Cams, bushings, large engine crankshaft, cylinder block, cylinder liner, cylinder head, etc.